Where You’ll Work & The Scope:
Vishay in Bennington, VT is currently seeking a full time Cost Controlling function for local Operation. Supports management with reports and analysis concerning inventories, sales, costs and profit and loss. This includes operational financial reporting, sales, bookings, inventories, pricing, manufacturing overhead budgets, standard time studies, labor and material reporting, profit planning, cost variance analysis.
How You’ll Help Us Build the DNA of Tech:
- Works as part of team in finance and related functions following company policy and GAAP. Follows and implements cost accounting and internal control procedures within general company policy and SOX requirements. Liaises with divisional controlling and regional accounting.
- Follows uniform and consistent procedures to control and report inventory valuation (material, labor, and overhead) including inventory revaluation, risk analysis. LOCOM, STD to actual and adjustments. Participates in procedures relating to taking physical and perpetual inventory and fixed assets.
- Assists in preparation of monthly and YTD P&L of Tansitor Products, tracks reports and gross margin reconciliations by product line. Maintains variable cost files and price/volume variance analyses by product class code.
- Maintains standard manufacturing cost files for all products manufactured in Bennington for pricing inventory and scrap valuation purposes. Manages the processing and reconciliation of consignment inventory payables. Participates in maintaining adequate fixed assets records.
- Supports development of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for all product lines and direct labor fringe cost allocations to all product lines including labor distribution and distribution of materials cost and purchase price variance analysis
- Responsible for local finance functions including coding non purchase order invoices, petty cash disbursements.
- Participates in the implementation, coordination and monitoring of accounting/financial systems. Prepares, analyzes and reports monthly financial information to corporate management.
Experience You’ll Need:
- 3 years’ experience in manufacturing, with emphasis on cost/controlling principles and accounting systems.
- Must have strong analytical background.
- Excellent Excel skills is a must.
- Degree in Economics/Accounting or 3 years experience at similar position.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement